Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Sunday, June 12, 2005


This is my basement, last night it still had carpet on it. Thanks to a special house guest who complained about the dank state of my underground lair my Princess took the liberty of ripping the shit out of it and leaving the lions share of the work for me to do. So sunday morning i got up early borrowed my father in laws Ford Truck, loaded it with carpet and tons of crap ive accumulated over the years and hauled it off to the dump. The previous owners of my house saw fit to glue some kind of foam to the concrete. Thats all fine and good until the foam is rotten and the glue wont let go of it. So I used a standard short handle shovel to remove the first inch of foam and 3 hours later you see my progress. I went and stole my father in-laws angle grinder and fitted it with a sandpaper attachment 7". Tomorrow I will grind down the glue residue and what remains of the foam in what is sure to be the highlight of my life. Still cant decide whether to tile or hardwood the flooring, I know i will be painting it red as a temporary measure. Who knew not having a job was so much work?

2 comments:

K-Prime said...

Just do what the rest of us do and leave it half-finished. Oh, wait, you actually have to share a bed with someone. Maybe not such a good idea.

The Devil Uno said...

ya like i wanted to do this.....