E-Bay

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I love competition, more specificly I love games to narrow it down yet again. I love video games. Now I will play any game but the games I preffer are the ones that entail some social benefit. Being a full time parent doesnt leave me much time to go kick it olde school with my home boi's; so I enjoy games I can chat my friends up. Games that are persistant, which is to say never ending. This sub genre is called MMORPG

A massive(ly) multiplayer online role-playing game or MMORPG is a multiplayer computer role-playing game that enables thousands of players to play in an evolving virtual world at the same time over the Internet. MMORPGs are a specific type of massive(ly) multiplayer online game (MMOG).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG
Ok thats a lot of abbreviations what is a Role Playing Game? you might ask.....

Role Playing Game: Often abrieviated to just RPG, these are games in which players take on the role of another person. In the broadest of possible interpretations, even boardgames such as Monopoly fit this description (each player is pretending to be a would-be millionaire trying to purchase real-estate), but normally a more restrictive definition is applied. Modern roleplaying games evolved from a psychiatric technique which is used to allow patients to see things from different perspective. In modern roleplaying, players take on the aspect of a new person within the game who is then beset by dangers and difficulties by a game master--much in the same way that characters in a play are beset with problems by a playwright. The main difference there being that it is the players who must find their way out of the difficulties instead of the game master.

Ok so now we all what I'm talking about, monopoly on crack. Like I said I play it for the social aspect as I am often required to supervise my brood and what better way than to whittle away my time in the virtual company of my friends, without the loud voices and broken furniture, no mess no fuss. Anyway I have probably played most every game ever made from Cricket to Pong. Sometimes I report gaming news and sometimes I beta-test games. I'm about as hardcore as you can get and still be sane. Sometimes I get bored and move on to other games but yesterday I though to myself "hmm maybe I should sell my gaming account to a good home" Some people are poor in time and rich in money and would gladly give one for the other. I think its called economics or something. So I bundled up my RPG character and sold it on E-bay for $200 U.S. I'm going to use the money for a cool tattoo and buy my girls something pretty. The best part is my wifes nagging will now include "After you take out the trash can you please put a few hours into your video game" Its what we call a 'Win, Win' situation.

3 comments:

Zanitram said...

sane hey.. I beg to differ

K-Prime said...

Sweet scam. Maybe I should start playing again...

Barbara Doduk said...

there are some links to some games like PacMac and Pong on our web site digitalEVOLUTION

i have wasted hours on there playing Simon Says and Asteroids lately.