Shrew Disposal

Sunday, December 31, 2006


My kitty cat continues to slay rodent pests and offer them as sacrifices to my magnificent self. I had been hoping to see an end to the murderous rampage with the end of summer. My cats thirst for ritual murder resumed in earnest once my pet had overcome her dislike for the snowy season. I am amused by my feline companions donations as what can only be described as a religious devotion to my homosapien clan.

I often wonder what might be the cats motivation for these special deliveries, is it appreciation? fear? family participation? Is she pulling her weight? purrviding a service for her titanic masters or is she merely gorged on furry creatures and giving us the uneaten portion of her pillaging? Is a cat as selfish as folklore suggests or does it share some sense of community? I must wait until the Meow translator evolves into the Babel Fish to answer my questions.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

please... no more puns

Anonymous said...

haha babel fish eh?i have seen that movie this past weekend,funny.it is good 2know that your cat appreciates you,im just glad my cats dont go outside.i dont need them showing their appreciation,i believe it without them bringing me presents

The Lazy Iguana said...

You cat is leaving you a warning. Like a horse head in the bed next to you when you wake up, or fish wrapped up in newspaper and left in your mailbox.

The message is clear. Keep up with the food and box scooping OR ELSE! One night, when you least expect it, your neck shall feel the claws and teeth of silent furry ninja death. I have 4 cats, and I do not trust any of them. They look at you with those half open eyes and you just know they are plotting your doom.

Happy New Year dude!

The Devil Uno said...

Haha a warning, that is funny.

The Devil Uno said...

Oh Anon, you must let your cats out of the house....let them live!

Anonymous said...

hehehe Iguana Im now paranoid :| My cat is sitting here on my lap exactly as you expained... *slowly puts the cat down, then runs away*
J