Cannabis & Cannibals

Sunday, July 24, 2005


<--My home Town Dear Diary, I got up this morning at about 12:30 p.m. My brood was no where to be seen so I went about my routine, drank some coffee wake 'n' baked, got juiced up went outside and decided to trim the long grass that grows along the fence for the two sunny months of summer we get in northern B.C. So I did that but only half assed cause I ran out of extension cord pretty much like all my home improvement projects something goes horribly wrong. Much like the cedar trees I planted the day before.

The tree's look kinda crooked, but I figure hey in twenty years when those trees get huge it likely wont be vexing me that there is no consistent distance between the rows of trees growing along my driveway. Then I raked my lawn for no joke about 2mins before I got kinda tired out and went inside to play video games. Then I decided to cook dinner. BBQ chicken breasts with garlic mashed potatoes and carrots. I burned everything but the potatoes which were a little crunchy 'cause I didnt mince the garlic enough. Also I forgot to marinate the chicken so when I took a bite it had no flavor and felt like what I believe cannibalism must feel like. Biting into a juicy slab of generic meat, it disturbed me.

I'm getting choosy about my meats and cannot eat any meat that has not been liberally drowned in tasty sauces.Am I feeling a certain guilt over my choice of meals? The very fact that I participate in what can only be described as the systematic controlled genocide of any variety of meaty species; is to me distrurbing. Chickens, cows, pigs , the closer they are to my genetic imprint the better. I dont want to eat bugs or anything with a shell and or any lack of identifyable parts.

That goes for crabs oyesters and anything else that crawled its ass out of the primordial soup.But lately my brain has not been finding the flesh of mammals as tasty, it is as though my body is rejecting this scientificly evidenced unhealthy standard of nutrition and craving the wholesome fruits and vegetables the soil can grow. A friend once told me that she would eat nothing that casts a shadow. Anyone who has ever been to a slaughter house feels a little weird.

0 comments: