Karma

Thursday, July 28, 2005


I'm not Satanic in order to be Satanic I would have to subscribe to the archaic notions of dualism. In theology, dualism can refer to ditheism: the belief that there are two basic principles, usually personified as deities, that work in polar opposition to each other. Such over-simplification is beyond my comprehension however and I do not waste much time considering it. I chose the name TheDevilUno as a play on words derived from the idiom

'better the devil you know than the devil you don't'
and means that it is often better to deal with someone or something you are familiar with and know, even if they are not ideal, than take a risk with an unkown person or thing. Being that my Blog is a personal journal which grants people insight into my life I felt the name fitting. I personally believe in a system of checks and ballances best represented by karma. Karma literally means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction which governs all life. Karma is not fate, for man acts with free will creating his own destiny. If we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concommitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate reaction. Which I believe to be a superior observation of the meta-physical world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but arent those cheques & balances in that karma bank open to interpretation? i mean a guys doing his thing thinking its all well & good, even with the best intentions, but inadvertently the whole while he's screwing some other poor bastard over.... does that fall under the realm of karma? where does that sit in the bank, deposit or withdrawl?

fuck it, karmas too confusing and i might be in debt

K-Prime said...

So how does the afterlife fit into your plan? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? What's your poison?

The Devil Uno said...

Reincarnation with a purgatory/spirit realm, just like WoW.

Barbara Doduk said...

i like that image by the way. i have seen myself with bat-like wings in my visions since i can't remember when...

we're all transformational beings.