Rise of the Robots

Thursday, September 01, 2005


I dont miss my job in the least. When I think back to the begining all I can see is a blot on my memory. Upon further retrospection I realize that it all really happened and there can be no burying the experience in darkness. Like an onion you can peel back the layers to reveal the sweet flesh which demands a sacrifice of tears. That is a picture of me at work. If you guessed I worked for Mad Max you would be half right. The apocolypse already happened but its been contained to the ever growing industrial areas. One day not long from now everything will be an industrial area and plant life will be contained behind glass. If you dont believe me just look at that picture again and ask yourself about corporate responsibility and the growth in human population vs un-tamed wilderness and or check the speedometer on the extinction list. I wasnt wearing that mask to look cool (even though I do) No friends, in a not so far flung future our childrens children will press their faces up against the glass barrier, stare at a daisy and wonder what a flower smells like. Thats why I am looking foreward to the imminent rise of the robots and subjucation of humanity by our evolutionary superior offspring. The robots will look after us better than we could hope to, much like we care for our elder "obsolete" generations. Humanity can not be trusted to govern ourselves due to greed and irresponsibility or shepard the weaker species of this planet. I for one would like to welcome our Tin Overlords.

3 comments:

Kafka said...

Not in your lifetime. Maybe the next one though.

The Devil Uno said...

Kafka is right it wont happen in my lifetime but it will happen and like that cartoon enter the matrix it wont be pretty.

Kafka said...

I interviewed an automation engineer once who told me that he honestly believed that computers, being far cheaper than humans, should be doing all the work. He then went on to say that he believes the future is "The Terminator".

Seeing the work being done in Japan and the world over in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and bi-pedal locomotion, I am inclined to agree. Wars will be fought with robots very soon. In fact, they are already but so far only one team has them and its for mostly surveillance.