2005 A . D .

Friday, December 16, 2005


This is the year 2005 and celebrating the guy that invented our modern calendar is more than enough reason for me to eat big and party. Being a modern logical individual I cannot participate in many "faith" based activities. I know Jesus and he is Mexican. But once a year I switch faiths and both embrace and defend the traditional values of X-mas.Today I kicked it into high gear and purchased a "fake tree" Several factors contributed to this decision: I am lazy, X-mas is fun but bullshit.

hum·bug
Pronunciation: 'h&m-"b&g
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 a : something designed to deceive and mislead b : a willfully false, deceptive, or insincere person
2 : an attitude or spirit of pretense and deception
3
: NONSENSE, DRIVEL
It may be false and designed to deceive the young and prehapes used as leverage against said children. Say what you want about christmas but don't tell me its too commercial. That is the very point. Three wise guys showed up with gifts because they likely had no unified method of sorting out the days months and years.
According to myth the first x-mas was all about presents. Gold and cookies for kids. So its all good and in no way at all diminishes the christian values. Now I havent been to church in nearly two decades and I never pray or give thanks at meals but when it comes down to religions nothing beats christianity. No other religion parties harder. If I had to embrace any theological dogma its gonna be christmas..err christianity. If anyone knows of a better religion let me know and I'll switch to that.

3 comments:

Darth Forehand said...

That J, he sure was a Mexi-can, not a Mexi-can't

The Lazy Iguana said...

You are right - Jesus is a Mexican. I met the dude. He can drink mucho tequila.

I have posted about the rampant commercialization of the holiday, but only in the regards of the so-called "war on Christmas" the fundies keep yapping about.

Barbara Doduk said...

bullshit is fun