Creedo

Monday, January 30, 2006

This is my helmet. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My helmet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My helmet, without me, is useless. Without my helmet, I am useless. I must use my helmet true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My helmet and myself know that what counts in battle is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will avoid hits...

My helmet is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its visor. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my helmet clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My helmet and myself are the defenders of my family. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life...

So be it, until victory is mine and there is no enemy, but peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've been in need of a helmet for years man ;)
-tj

Anonymous said...

Wait..now we're onto something...I, too, need a helmet. After all, I work for the Provincial Government...say no more....