Machinima

Friday, June 30, 2006


For all three of you that dont know what Machinima is I can try to explain simply. Video games have become the newest trend in avant guard Film. By recording players acting out scenes in a game and with some clever sound editing Voila, you have a very affordable production studio with big budget special effects. If you have seen the latest Halo or 3d graphics on either console or computer you know that 3d rendering has become fairly advanced compared to the golden days of Pong or even Pac-Man. If you have been living under a large rock you probably never heard of a little game called World of Warcraft. It is an MMO which roughly translates into a monthly fee of 20 dollars for unlimited online* access. Some Six million people pay 20 dollars a month in exchange for the thrill of role playing a Wizard or Knight in a genuine fantasy environment among the company of like minded individuals. Anyways my buddy Tyran sent me this particularly fine example of Machinima entitled Tales of the Past I thought I would just pass it along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.silkroadonline.net

that is all.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»