NightShifts-We walk the Dark Earth

Saturday, June 24, 2006

So the worst part about nightshift is the waiting. The latest I can stay awake without motivation is 5am. So I wake up at 1pm and five hours of standing around before I leave for work. That is the sweet spot. The cant do anything but think about how I hafta work. I grabbed a college calendar and I have begun seriously considering my options. Really thinking about school is what gets me through the reality of my daily life. Working at a sawmill is dangerous beyond the whirling blades. The dust in the air chokes the noise deafens and the vibrations cause muscle stiffness and pain. Never mind the million other hazards. B1Alpha recomends I take up dentistry. Thats a good idea but if I lose the use of any part of my body I wont be a dentist anymore. Thats not the only reason I dont wanna be one. I went to the dentist this week and had my first cleaning session in nearly ten years. Sure it can be scary sitting in a chair with some sadistic bitch cramming her fingers down your throat and taking power drills and Ice picks to your skull. I have a problem with the noise where I work and I can hear a power drill echo in my brain for hours after its gone. So yeah I have two more cavities that need filling and I set the appointment up back to back. I think I will opt for the Nitrous Oxide even though I dont like wallbangers or losing my consciousness. But there is only so much trauma I can face. Im worried about things like what might happen while im sleeping and totaly dependant on strangers for my very survival. What if I start choking while under Nitrous? What If I wet my pants or something else totaly stupid? What if the dentists decide to take pictures of my wang? I dunno these scenarios keep running through my head keeping the trauma of needles and drills in check. Its a flip a coin situation. No sirs I do not want to be the Master Torturer. I was thinking of taking Law in College, Safe boring and secure.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're given the option take the N2O. just fucking take it, and hold that shit in bro' it only lasts a few mintues and whoa will it ever ease the strain of the dentists chair. oh right, dont forget that its FUN too, take the chance to enjoy some medical grade nitrous with a doctor. take notes with the forknowledge that after you can go and buy canisters of this shit at london drugs. for making whipcream of course... enjoy yr drilling
t

Anonymous said...

and why not sell real estate? or notary public?

The Devil Uno said...

Its courtesy to leave an initial when posting anonymously. But Notary Public is a good one totaly......

The Lazy Iguana said...

1. It is NO2 not N2O.

2. Regardless of how many nitrogen and oxygen atoms the gas has, it is fun. And you will be taking the stuff for real medical reasons - unlike the hippies that suck all the gas from the whipped cream canisters at the supermarket.

3. Like you, I have gone a long time without going to a dentist. I am going next week. I know they will find something that needs to be stabbed with a metal pick and/or drill. My gums bleed when I brush.

Anonymous said...

its n2o according to the merck index
t

Anonymous said...

notary public is just something to give you more time to play games. real estate is the way to go, the only fucking business with a licence to steal.... you sit in the middle of a deal and get both the buyer and the seller to pay you. even if you are a mill guy im sure you can sell houses, everybody needs a place to live. except that guy that keeps all his shit in a shopping cart and just changes which busstop he sleeps at every night... point is you can make money at it with minimal risk of a steely death on a pile of broken timbers and you might get to drive a nice car. unless its hard to get a licence or takes along time why not?
#2

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the life of a real estate agent... beautiful. Drive around all day, lieing to peoples faces, spending there life long savings on shit all its faboulious
#J.

The Devil Uno said...

Nitrous oxide, also known as dinitrogen oxide or dinitrogen monoxide, is a chemical compound with chemical formula N2O. Under room conditions, it is a colourless non-flammable gas, with a pleasant, slightly-sweet odor. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anaesthetic and analgesic effects, where it is commonly known as laughing gas due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it. It is also used as an oxidizer in internal combustion engines. In this use it is known as nitrous, or NOS after a well-known brand which has become a genericized trademark. Nitrous oxide is present in the atmosphere where it acts as a powerful greenhouse gas.


Name Dinitrogen oxide
Chemical formula N2O
Appearance Colorless gas

The Lazy Iguana said...

Thas right! The nitrogen is double bonded, with the remaning single bond from each going to the oxygen. I forgot that nitrogen has three bonds.

Oh well. It is still fun stuff. I got some before my wisdom teeth were cut out of my skull. Fun times indeed.

The Devil Uno said...

It knocks you out right? Not just gets you deliriously high?

desparado said...

read my blog too.
just starting out new

desparado said...

hey,
the glasses are really nice dude.
The girl was nicer though.
Thinking of sending flowers to her.

Anonymous said...

mr desparado...
can i buy some pot from you?

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure you dont want to pass right out with that one as it means you're not getting enough oxygen. when you get it from docs they mix it from two tanks, one nitrous & one oxygen supplying you with enough anesthetic so that you wont mind the procedure and maybe/hopefully enough so that you dont even notice that they're inside your mouth.
...after all this i bet they dont even give you the option.
you'll have to go to the grocery store yourself to find out (c:
t

Anonymous said...

New contact pls thx ok.

Anonymous said...

content even.

The Devil Uno said...

I dunno brass im pretty bored of keeping a blog. Theres too much to do outside.

The Devil Uno said...

Plus I got no good stories. I spend 90% of my time alone. Call me and invite me out and maybe your girlfriend will yell at me and I can blog about how I suck and make awkward situations in bars.

Anonymous said...

None of this sounds like blogtent

Ooh look I coined a new phrase.

fuck

The Devil Uno said...

Damn dude Bogtent rocks

The Devil Uno said...

Maybe if You posted and told me you read what I wrote Ill write something else cause like... I know you read it. You can like ask me about something and ill blogtent it.

Anonymous said...

this is yr most commented upon post ever, it seems like people read this tripe... keep up the good work and good postings
t

Anonymous said...

Man, I love this blog, its like poetry/story you learn somthing about youself everytime you read it.
#J

The Devil Uno said...

My people!

Anonymous said...

Im sure you could talk to Melissa Garner all about the wonders of Dentistry... maybe if yer lucky she'll fill yer holes.... mwhahahahaaha

;) dredo