You sank my Battleship

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So covertc has approached me with a proposal to do a gaming Podcast. I cannot resist, I once fantasized about being a radio DJ and well now I can. It will be magnificent, all gaming all the time. Oh and speaking of gaming I have become rather interested in buying a solid board game. Im looking at inviting some friends over for dinner and a tabletop game. I cant remember the last time I had guests over on account of being antisocial and possibly psychotic. Hmm really could use some board game suggestions. The boys over at the Penny Arcade recomend Shadows Over Camelot. I did not even realize there were board games that looked so cool. I have never bought a board game and havent played since my Yin sank my Battleship. I have never forgiven her for that. Battleship is a game that makes use of what the military describes as remote viewing. That is to say using a medium or psionic to identify or locate suitable targets for a precision artillery strike. I also like games like Risk but after playing it for nearly two decades I have grown tired of global domination and have begun greedily appraising alternate planes of reality, searching for the juiciest slice of real estate to invade.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

life...
chess :P
J

K-Prime said...

You can never go wrong with a good game of Zombies! Brass will back me up on that one.

Anonymous said...

Would you consider a tabletop RPG? I recall your yearnings for a Shadowrun videogame - I'd be envious if you got a game of that going.

Alternatively, there's also a $90.00 World of Warcraft game that looks pretty impressive.

And then there's always Risk, one of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

i'm with k, zombies it is....although i must say i have a cyber battleship game and it rocks!

Dre said...

whatever happend to real world domination and power... and i dont mean risk....

its called monopoly people! theres power! The more hotel the higher the rent and the lowly your opponent becomes.. i like to get creative make my oponent my bitch for awhile... the boardwalk needs scrubbing...

Anonymous said...

Zombies is THE fun, but a painfully long game if the players are vindictive.

Pirates! is an interesting little game that doesn't take long and has some interesting dynamics for it's simplicity.

And oddly enough, I almost bought Shadows over Camelot last week. I've had two good reviews of it over the last few months, the most recent from Penny Arcade. I'll be picking it up on my next pay cheque.

As far as table top goes, I'm down. But finding a DM is always hard. I've got a great game of D&D going currently in the Eberron universe. I'm currently a lvl 7 cleric chaotic good.

I would LOVE to get a table top of Masquerade going one day. That would be impressive.