Podcasting is not Cool-A rebuttal.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ok so I got into an argument today. I was informed by a certain strumpet that my knowledge of Podcasting makes me "nerdy" or "uncool" This is not unfamiliar to me. All pioneers face ridicule and exclusions until the common consensus grants approval to whatever afore mentioned uncool activity. Back in the early nineties I totaly loved pirates so I got my ear pierced and put some gold hoops and massif bling. I was belittled by my friends without mercy for years until they had reached by common consensus the agreement that earings were not in fact gay but were Edgy. It just so happens that the difference between edgy and trendy is a small fraction of time. Some of us live on the edge of human experiance and some of us lag behind and mock true individuals for their eccentric behavior. They laughed at Columbus and they laughed at Podcasting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah maybe... but podcasts are gay.
tj

Anonymous said...

i second.

Anonymous said...

Tell your friend to calm down or grow up or something.

Aside from a pointless debate about what is nerdy or gay, I'll say that I'm kind of neutral about 'podcasting', but no more so than any other type of media or technology. I don't get excited about hammers, either.

I think what really matters is whats IN the podcast. It's just audio, so maybe it has wicked music, or something hilarious (Ricky Gervais' podcast comes to mind) or information that will change your life. Like a recipe for doughnuts. That should make Brass happy.

My comment about tech notwithstanding, I recently came up with something sorta-kinda new in the "broadcast yourself" genre of all this online stuff. Flashcasting. I'll show you in a bit...

desparado said...

nothing gay about podcasting.maybe the ppl watching it.LOL

The Devil Uno said...

Considering the ease of recording and distributing radio programs Im suprised that Podcasting isnt much more prevailant.

The Lazy Iguana said...

And here I was thinking that Podcasts were much more common than they seem to be.