Past Lives: Retribution

Monday, November 27, 2006

Im feeling a moment of clarity and am blessedly free of distractions. I am now in what I like to call 'Psychic Decompression' when the accumulated stress of assuming the roles life demands relax and I can correlate my recent history. Sometimes shit happens, the pressures of keeping body and soul attached can seem overwhelming. The quality of my existence is important. To maintain this biological machine requires more than merely eating and breathing. I must eat organic and breathe clean. I must spend time and reflect in solitude on how my behaviors affect my environment. I must be vigilant against spoiling my world. Every decision I make has consequences as the stone dropped in water will disturb the depths. How can I learn to improve myself from the mistakes I made? Create a reflection of the sky in still waters. You cannot see what lies above you while you stare below. Even the most conscientious can find themselves beset by tribulations. Many things are outside our control but we do have some small power in the way we react. By considering my past strategies I can compile minor adjustments that would facilitate my future goals. Because ultimately it is not about where we have been, but where we are going. We must all of us learn to stare at the sky from a dirty mud puddle. Oscar Wilde said it better.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much Better.

The Devil Uno said...

like totaly

Anonymous said...

how do you always find the words...

The Devil Uno said...

Pictures mostly, drawings of sounds.

The Devil Uno said...

Also I have a map and a compass and a faithful sherpa.