Compelled to Obey

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I had always assumed that at some point in my life I would be a full grown man and master of my destiny. That it turned out otherwise is of some disappointment. There is a fine line between being in charge and being charged. By now my Bathroom renovation project has become an oubliette of shattered ceramics and gyprock. The massive wreckage all that remains of a once serene bathing area. The smashed walls revealing bare studs and copper pipes the insulation ripped out like the guts of some great beast. My job is to heal this violent wound on my home. Seal the rift in my wall and stitch shut the seams. I am the war surgeon drafted against my will and held ransom to the survival of my sanitation.

4 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Or you could just tack up some cardboard and wallpaper.

Drywall is a bad idea. The humidity from the shower messes with it. Use a good quality paint.

The Devil Uno said...

oh you dont just use drywall you also use tile over the the gyprock.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Generally when people tell me what to do when I dont want to do it, i just say, no. Hire someone. :)