Magnum Opus

Sunday, April 06, 2008



BattleStar Galactica returns to the airwaves in its fourth and final installment. As a futurist and a man of vision, I appreciate good science fiction for the prophetic vista it affords us. BattleStar presents the classic biblical myth of Exodus in grand dystopian style. An epic legend retold with action packed space sequences lots of explosions and a cast of characters populated by some of the worst actors the likes of which I haven't seen since my last school play. Between the contrived and topical plot threads and force fed morality, I would have stopped watching altogether but if not for the jewels in the rough. There are some few talented thespians that can overcome the material and dominate the supporting cast. They accomplish the impossible by persuading the audience to set aside disbelief and enjoy some of the finest cyborg T&A Canada can produce. If you were to call this program a stupid waste of time; I would not attempt to dissuade you. Science Fiction is an acquired taste and even those less than perfect programs get more than a fair shake. I think I speak for everyone when I say 'at least its not Star-Trek' and 'May I be the first to welcome our Cylon Overlords'

4 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

I should probably rent the series on DVD then. I can get into the sci-fi stuff. Not enough to go to a convention wearing a uniform and plastic ears, but enough to watch it.

Unknown said...

Bah, we all know humans are actually cylons.

SPOIL THIS ====D

The Devil Uno said...

OH NO!!! SPOILERZZZ roflcopter!

Anonymous said...

The Mysterious Magnum Opus!
J