Play Station Portable

Thursday, February 16, 2006


Hard to decide if I want a DS when there is this guy....

The Sony PSP features a large 4.3-inch 16:9 widescreen LCD TFT screen with a 480x272 resolution, button layout similar to the PlayStation with a digital control pad, an analog stick, circle, square, triangle, x, and 2 shoulder buttons, USB 2.0 connectivity (via mini-USB), a Memory Stick Duo media slot, and 802.11b WiFi support. It uses Sony’s proprietary Universal Media Disc, which stores up to 1.8GB in a format reminiscent of MiniDiscs.
The PsP costs more retailing at $278. 99 Canadian; however the additional features, including sony's movie and music brand may tip the scales. Certainly I could use this as an Mp3 player and portable babysitter vs the limited entertainment the DS would provide. Tough Call! omgwtfbbq!!!!shift+1!!eleventyone....

7 comments:

K-Prime said...

A friend of mine is selling her PSP with two games for $200 if you're interested...

The Devil Uno said...

woots that sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

i too am interested in this console.. this kid at from my school just hacked on to the internet in the middle of a church... pritty cool stuff
Jamez

The Devil Uno said...

You silly Catholics.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I bought a PSP last December. It was a slow day at work, so I went to "lunch". I left the jobsite, drove to the Game Stop, got the PSP, and then returned to work. Without lunch. So I went to lunch again.

I was going to pick up a DS. But the game store guy convinced me to get the PSP. It is a good unit. The games for it are very good.

The best thing is the open platform it is built on. There are a ton of homebrew things you can download. You can turn the PSP into almost any classic console, or even make it play Gameboy games. I might even get another PSP, one to run homebrew and one to play PSP titles.

All the games in current production require you to update the firmware. Doing so prevents most of the homebrew from running.

The Devil Uno said...

FUCK A LIST

Anonymous said...

One small step for man, one huge step for mankind. What I am trying to say is I love your blog. Susan, demo game for psp to download