Dust Devils are minsunderstood.

Thursday, April 20, 2006



It was recently discovered that even the smallest of dust devils can produce radio frequencies and electrical fields greater than 10,000volts[1], a fact I did not find shocking. I have seen the South Wind. It manifests itself as a corporeal pillar of dust and dead leaves. Wooshing and crackling with excited energy he leaves me gifts wrapped in litter and dirt. While it can be amusing to inspect the various loot; it has largely become a nuissance to clean up after my elusive friend. To this end I have decided to fashion a barrier to keep the vortex from making a mess of my backdoor. While I am flattered a minor deity has finally taken notice of my magnificence, I must be firm and insist they wipe their feet before they come inside my house. So now I must garden with a purpose. I will fashion a Great Wall of hedgery. A laberynth, if you will, that will keep windy intruders from burying me under a mountain of treasures. Let us hope it does not offend for even the most humble wind can become the Hand of God.

2 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Crap that was a cool video! Do you think a shrub would protect your garden from that?

What you need is some kind of Pikachu or something.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!