Life Aquatic

Monday, August 07, 2006

I love to swim. Its the best, especially in a pool that has no weird bugs or leeches that want to eat you. Godbless chlorine, it has sanitized my swim. So I dragged the kid with me to the pool. We are developing her abilities. I dont remember learning to swim, seems like I could always do it. So all I can do is try to build my daughters confidence in the pool by dragging her around by her arms and supporting her back while she floats. Other than that its up to her sink or swim. She is afraid of the abyss and rightly so. I respect fear, it tells us when we are in over our heads. But once we learn some basic skills we can overcome most anything. So I will be making a regular event of the swim. Oh and I bumped into Rocky the father of a couple of my friends from grade school. I read in the paper that this friend of mine (Tori) had met with a terrible fate somwhere in Puerto Rico. He was always an athlete back in high school and like most extreme doods his odds outnumbered his Gods and so for whom the bell tolls. He slipped and fell while rock climbing and broke his jaw and when Tori woke up in the hospital he was missing his kidneys. Having read the details of his ensuing tragedy from a newspaper I was skeptical add that to Tori's love of shenanigans and naturaly I thought haha that joker. So when I saw Rocky today I had to ask....Is Tori full of shit or what? and Rocky looked at me with a grim look....possibly one of the most grim looks I have ever seen. He said no its all true. I was shocked obviously....these urban legends are always a joke.....but I guess Tori doesnt find it funny. Apparently he went whistle blower and is now involved in psy-ops and cloak and dagger shit. Peurto Rico has had agents harrassing him due to the lost tourism revenues from his going public. Scary stuff for real.

5 comments:

The Devil Uno said...

It was Peurto Rico

Anonymous said...

that was a little confusing... but! Someone is enjoying the kidneys somewhere, either on a plate or in there belly... haha
J

The Lazy Iguana said...

They jacked his kidneys?!?! And I thought the worst thing about Peurto Rico was SJU (San Juan Airport).

The Devil Uno said...

Yeah Im still wrapping my mind around the sheer insanity. If they took my kidneys Id get them back at the end of a scalpel.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I would snatch their liver. Then I would drink till mine stopped working.