Friday the 13th - Not a Podcast

Friday, October 13, 2006

Its friday morning and oddly enough it is also my "friday night" Being that I have been awake since thursday and I just got off work. Short work week but meh felt long. I did manage to coerce a handful of crew member to go to Denny's with me after work. Cool on several accounts. Being I dont need to take the bus from ClearLake *read buttfucknowhere* and I dont have to forage for whatever crap food my significant other buys. I know she reads this shite so I'm gonna go ahead and preemptively strike her ass with the obligatory (oh no you didnt) Oh yes I did!!! Twenty+ liters of milk and no chocolate syrup= total bullshit. I know its not a lot to complain about but its all I got. So it was good to hang out with the Red Crew, they have less comraderie so its nice to see them outside of the work environment. I even picked up my (coveted) second UFC Party invite. I really want to attend as I flaked out on the first one and missed a chance to show off my MAD DDR skillz. I later learned at work that these UFC parties are an exclusive affair by invite only and that not everyone gets invited, only the cool kids. I kinda told my Matriarch that I would make the three hour drive to go visit her but several factors have diminished the odds of that event taking place. I have bronchitis, yeah it sucks, I smoke so I have no one else to blame however I know its a viral strain as half the slaves at work have it. The good news is bronchitis is nothing like pneumonia and besides affecting my joie de vivre it has little impact. I do not wish to expose anyone unecessarily to this potential health risk. So consider thyself warned. Being Flu season my Slave Owner has impressively offered to immunize me against the big strain going around. I have never had a flu shot before but be damned if Im not getting one this year. Im actually looking forward to getting the needle. I more than a little paranoid and the thought of being injected with a virus has always set off alarms in my brain. There was no way I was going to let some tards in white coats stick me with some dirty organism of dubious origins. But now that Im older and wiser I have an easier time of correlating events to my opinions and Im willing to shift paradigms. It seems that the people society hold in highest regards are the ones that are immunized, doctors, nurses, elders, generally speaking we dont want these precious natural resources to perish. So it makes sense that a dose of flu might be just what the doctor ordered. I also just want to mention that had I recorded this blog and posted it as a mp3 file it would have been a podcast, which mostly had nothing to do with Friday the 13th but if it had would have been much more interesting. I would have talked in dulcet tones about the origins of this unlucky date and how the knights Templar were crushed or that counting Judas there were 13 apostles. I could have spent a moment discussing the cost of lost profits on this particular date and the impact it has on the economy. I could have presented evidence to the contrary but ultimately Im tired and this post is running long, so everyone be careful out there today because its unlucky or not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is a vortex of madness.

Anonymous said...

It's just the pot.

The Devil Uno said...

Maybe I could have edited a little. But like I said I have the plague.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Editing is for the weak! Say what you have to say - and stand behind it!

Or not. This is the good thing about beer. You can always blame it if you say something too insane.

But the plague is a good excuse too.